Mission-Driven

About us

We take the time to understand our client’s issues and establish a well defined problem statement before we propose solutions. We are extremely experienced at incorporating and translating military operational aspects into documents intended for public and/or regulatory review. We are experts in presenting, incorporating, and managing regulatory requirements for the military services and other government agencies. We strive to enable the mission, not impede it.

Bridging the gap

Gryphon Environmental

Gryphon was established in 2006 to provide highly specialized and customized consulting services to the Federal government and other mission-supporting commercial entities. We have assisted numerous clients with achieving their objectives in environmental (NAICS 541620), engineering, and sustainability related programs. Our collective successes are the direct result of detailed strategic project planning with our clients and assignment of key subject matter experts in both government service and consulting disciplines. Given our level of Federal government comprehension, our clients do not have to spend valuable time instructing on how business is performed. We get to work immediately, providing innovative and cost-effective solutions immediately. 

bridge 2
Mission

To provide and implement innovative ideas and technologies that complement mission requirements while preserving and enhancing our environment

Values
  • We are passionate about leadership and serving as instruments of inspiration, motivation, and change
  • We are fair and trustworthy, and our actions reflect the high standards of ethics and integrity
  • We are reliable and deliver on our commitments
  • We are committed to quality and continuous improvement
  • We believe in success through teamwork
  • We are determined to grow as individuals, as a team, and as a company
About our president

Robert M. Ford, CHMM

Robert (Rob) M. Ford, President, is an environmental professional with over 25-years of federal environmental consulting (NAICS 541620) experience. Rob has a Bachelors of Science Degree in Environmental Science from the Evergreen State College in Olympia, Washington. He is a Certified Hazardous Materials Manager (CHMM) and is located in Gryphon’s Colorado Springs, Colorado office.

Rob is a retired U.S. Army veteran with over 25-years of service and has served in Operation Iraqi Freedom I and Operations Desert Shield/Desert Storm. He has served in positions of leadership in the Infantry, Engineers and Military Police and is a recipient of the Bronze Star Medal, two Meritorious Service Medals, and the Combat Infantryman Badge.

Strategic Partners

Gryphon has several teaming partners located throughout the continental United States that possess unique knowledge, skills and abilities.  As necessary, we and our teaming partners leverage our collective talents and nationwide presence to provide our customers with the best blend of expertise and local presence necessary to accomplish the mission. 

key strategic partners include:
  • HDR, Inc.
  • Potomac Hudson Engineering
  • Tetra Tech
  • The Kenjya-Trusant Group, LLC
  • Cardno, Inc.
  • Environmental Consulting and Training Services, Inc.
  • Scout Environmental, Inc.
  • Cherokee Nation Businesses
  • LRS Federal, LLC
  • Booz | Allen | Hamilton
  • AECOM
  • Environmental Business Partners, LLC, Florida
  • Whitetail Environmental, LLC, Oklahoma

Our clients

Since our inception in 2006, Gryphon has achieved an Exceptional past performance rating on 96 percent of federal prime contracts completed. The remaining 4 percent received a rating of Very Good.

Government Clients
  • Headquarters, Army National Guard | Arlington, Virginia
  • Chief of Army Reserve and Commanding General, U.S. Army Reserve Command | Fort Belvoir, Virginia
  • U.S. Army Reserve, 99th Readiness Division (RD); 88th RD, and 63rd RD | Nationwide
  • Headquarters, Air Force Civil Engineer Center | Texas and Ramstein Air Base, Germany
  • Department of Veterans Affairs | Washington, D.C.
  • U.S. Air Force | Tinker AFB, Oklahoma
  • U.S. Air Force | Joint Base Lewis-McChord, Washington
  • U.S. Air Force | RAF Lakenheath, United Kingdom
  • Naval Facilities Engineering Command, Engineering and Expeditionary Warfare Center | Port Hueneme, California
  • U.S. Army Corps of Engineers | Charleston, South Carolina
  • U.S. Army Corps of Engineers | Tulsa, Oklahoma
Commercial Clients
  • HDR Inc. | Nebraska
  • Tetra Tech | Texas
  • Cherokee Nation Businesses | Oklahoma
  • Potomac Hudson Engineering, Inc. | Maryland
  • The Kenjya-Trusant Group, LLC | Maryland
  • LRS Federal, LLC | Maryland
  • Environmental Consulting and Training Services, Inc. | Tennessee
  • Cardno Inc. | California
  • Tehama, LLC | Missouri
  • Whitetail Environmental, LLC | Oklahoma